Friday, April 30, 2010

Week 2

January 25-30: I spent the weekend copying information from the AFAA textbook, emailing the other trainers their list of interested students, contacting those who had requested to work with me, and compiling the necessary documents to fill out at an initial meeting. The rest of the week consisted of meeting with each of my potential clients to explain the paperwork I presented them and record their pertinent information requested by the pre-determined forms. Finally, I offered them my available hours and we decided upon a regular meeting time.

All of the initial meetings went smoothly. The forms included a liability waiver for High Point University, a basic personal/medical information sheet, a standard PAR-Q and You form, and a brief physical assessment data sheet. This sheet included their height, weight, resting heart rate, blood pressure, and standard physical fitness assessment scores for flexibility, push-ups, and sit-ups.

All but one client indicated a low risk profile. Unsure of the proper protocol and legal liability for working with a moderate to high risk client, I turned to Mat for approval. Unfortunately, at this early stage in the program’s development, he asked that I postpone working with her until he was able to determine the appropriate legal and medical clearance the situation required. I was disappointed at his decision as I was looking forward to the challenge of designing a carefully modified program, however, for the sake of this client’s personal safety, I respect Mat’s decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment