Friday, April 30, 2010

Weeks 11-12

April 5-14: I'm combining these two weeks for two reasons:
1. I leave in the morning on Thursday, April 15 to be a conference track meet all weekend so this week will be cut short in terms of personal training sessions, and
2. Due to having to travel to Charleston for the meet, I know there is no way I will have time to update this blog over the weekend and would rather record this week's events so far while they are fresh in my mind.

Though I didn't think it was possible, training has picked up its pace even more in the last couple weeks. Or perhaps the rest of life has begun to implore its increased demands as well. The time commitment demanded of my athletic training field experience with HPU's Track and Field team on top of my hours personal training makes for a very, very busy day. Every weekday from 8 am in the morning until 6 or 7 at night, every hour is scheduled to class, personal training, or being at track practice. Weekends now have completely disappeared in the midst of lengthy track meets. As my own schedule grows increasingly busy, I also noticed this week, a decline in attendance to personal training sessions. After three or four cancellations between the end of last week and beginning of this one, I finally decided to enforce the programs attendance plan once again to all my clients. Although more than half of the people I work with maintain nearly perfect attendance, those that do not create incredible frustration for me when I prepare a routine for them and allot time in my schedule to help meet their fitness goals, and they fail to hold up their end of the agreement. Since the service is free to them, I don't think they realize the amount of effort that goes on behind the scenes. Hopefully next week will show improvements in people's dedication to attending their sessions, despite everyone's busy schedules as we approach exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment