Friday, April 30, 2010

Week 8

March 15-19: Back from spring break and ready to start working again...

Last session, I often designed a different workout for each client due to their varying fitness levels, weight-room experience, and individual goals. While it challenged my creative ability, it also demanded a great deal of extra planning. This session, most of my clients are relatively experienced exercisers so for this first week, I am going to make many of their workouts foundationally the same with only minor changes to fit their personal goals and preferences. Though I am far from expert, I am beginning to be able to better analyze my clients' abilities, which makes for more successful workouts that need less tweaking. As the semester picks up, I am very thankful for the luxury of being able to use one workout with multiple clients, not only for convenience sake, but also because each time I lead the exercise routine, I am more confident in my directions. This is evident to clients and makes them feel assured that their workout has been thoroughly thought out and is being executed with certainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment